Friday, May 23, 2014

Overloaded on Houndstooth

{top, H&M / skirt, BKK / necklace, Infinte Pixie / socks, Daiso / shoes, Doctor Martens / bag, Bugis Street / ring, Lovisa}
(photos by Jess)

The first weekend of May saw me at a fantastically whimsical location in the middle of a park-- a sugar-spun confection of white walls and beautiful cakes in glass domes, light wood tables and cheery yellow flowers, so aptly named The Fabulous Baker Boy. What better way to celebrate my favourite girl's birthday than with cake? And not just any cake: Salted Caramel, The Ristretto, & Apple Cider, preluded by Dark Chocolate Pancakes. Lets just say that the buttercream was divine, the chocolate was almost close to heavenly, and I indulged myself in way too much maple syrup than I should have. I'm not sorry. My sweet tooth prevented me from trying the brunch items on the menu as it clamoured for the sweet treats, but I will be sure to go back again.

Black and white has not yet lost its appeal to me, and neither has houndstooth. Does the print on my top remind anybody of a distorted version of the houndstooth print? That was the first thing that I thought of when I saw the top, and when I touched the furry cloth and tried it on, I was sold. My socks were a surprise find from Daiso - I know, who buys socks at Daiso? - and they manage to help me masquerade my footwear as a pair of pseudo-boots with cute little reindeer dancing across them, no less! I'm still searching for the perfect pair of Chelsea Boots, and I know I have my eye on some Jeffrey Campbells I saw online (they have the best boots ever) so fingers crossed that they will actually be in a physical store here in Singapore.

So, how's your week been? Mine has been a whirlwind of busy, and I'm so glad that it's Friday. It's going to be a bit of an action packed weekend too, so hopefully I get some time for a breather. Happy weekend!
xx  

No comments:

Post a Comment