Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Black Beauty

{top, The OOTD / skirt, Younghungryfree / necklace, Talisman's / clutch, Bugis Street / shoes, Rubi / ring, Sasa / bracelets, Forever 21}
(photos by Siu Farn)

I'm back from my holiday to Japan, and I'm still stuck in the post-holiday blues and missing Japan terribly. It was a wonderful place to be in, and I can't wait to edit all the photos in my camera and put up some photo diaries on my blog of my Japan trip. I'm pretty sure the Japan photo diaries are going to take up quite a number of posts, especially since there are approximately 2500 photos in my camera to sort and edit (I'm almost regretting taking on this elephantine task already), but hey, nobody's going to complain about photos of Japan and delicious sushi, right? I thought not. 

This is a rather old outfit (I know, I am way behind on posts already) shot in the sweltering heat near the Singapore River. I feel like I stand out quite a bit against the blues of the background, with the full black outfit. I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again-- I'm still obsessed with black. There's nothing quite as classy as a black midi skirt that reaches just to the knees and flares just the right amount without appearing too girly. I was pretty much over the moon when I realized that my black midi matched perfectly with my black cropped mock turtleneck to give the illusion of a streamlined black midi dress. While the weather in Singapore seems to have taken a turn for the worse (think sweltering heat), my midi skirts are here to stay, and I'm definitely going to be adding more pieces into my wardrobe.

Now if only I can fast forward a few months ahead, so that I can claim that 'I haven't bought any clothes for ages', because the amount of clothes and accessories I bought in Japan is stupendous, and I find myself completely hard-pressed to make any new purchases as of now.
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment