Sunday, July 20, 2014

Heart On My Sleeve

{sweater: Nex / pants, H&M / shoes, Vans / rings, cache cache / bracelet, Beadstreet / bag, BKK}
(photos by Siu Farn)

I'm back from my uni orientation camp at long last, and finally managed to spend some quality time with my bed, and my computer! (This may have been the first time I ever woke up past noon.) I'm naturally a super-introvert, and majorly shy to boot, so, wow, this camp was a real eye-opener. I don't think I've ever been forced to have close contact with the same group of people for five whole days. At the end of it all, the first thing I did when I got back home was to lock myself up in my room alone and stare at the wall. I know, that makes me sound a little like a psychopath. Nevertheless, I met some great people there, and others that I really respect and admire, and overall, I wouldn't trade the experience for anything else in the world. Thank you for an amazing and crazy 5 days, Maestro.

But anyway, back to the outfit. I went around telling my friends that this would be my standard "cute and geeky uni-student hanging out at Starbucks studying" school outfit for the next four years of my life, but I kind of get the feeling that I'll look more like a hobo, with unkempt and messy hair, a plain t-shirt, and sloppy jeans. When I wore this to the office, I got a varied set of comments: "You look like a Christmas Tree.". "You look like a watermelon.". "Your sweater is so cute! It's really... holey.". "Are you even wearing anything on underneath the sweater?". It's nice to know that my outfits generate such talk. It's been... quite some time since I started wearing jeans and sneakers again, but yeah, I'm a jeans and sneakers kind of girl, underneath all the poofy skirts and feminine tops. I'll be off for an OG outing now, so see you all when I get back!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment