Thursday, May 21, 2015

Shades of Grey

(dress, Runway Bandits / necklace, Lowry's Farm / bag, Fjallraven Kanken / watch, Nakedglory / heart ring, Cache cache, midi ring, Lovisa)
(photos by Siu Farn)

Lessons learnt from a shades of grey outfit: always, always, wear bright lipstick, or risk looking like a washed-out version of yourself. Considering that the whole outfit consisted of what I would normally term a safe, neutral (dull, even) colour, I'm not sure what possessed me to layer such a light shade of lipstick on. Though coincidentally, I fell very sick a couple of hours after taking these photos, so perhaps that's an excuse. Still, the next time, I'll be sure to paint on a brighter shade. 

On lazy days, a simple shift dress and sneakers combination can never go wrong, especially when this isn't a dressy sort of shift. The combination of the pockets and the material of the dress give it an overall sporty vibe, which pretty much makes this dress a winner. 

In other news, I just started my new job at The Closet Lover this week (so go check them out), and I'm pretty hyped up for this job! I hope to be able to do well and learn a lot, of course. It's been a pretty exhausting three days (the long commute really doesn't help), but I'm determined to make the most out of my summer holidays! 
xx  

No comments:

Post a Comment