Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Avalon

(bralet, The Tinsel Rack / skirts, Love Bonito / bucket bag, The Tinsel Rack / sandals, The Closet Lover / necklace, Japan / cuff, Azensg / rings, Lovisa)
(photos by Stephanie)

As a child, I was constantly fascinated by the abridged versions of the legends of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, and when I saw this skirt, those stories were strangely the only thing I could think of. The forest and lake print on the skirt reminded me of the lake in Avalon that Excalibur was thrown into, and I wore a miniature Excalibur around my neck in the form of a sword-shaped pendant, just as an inside joke to myself.  

I'm pretty much infatuated with the magical forest print on the skirt (not to mention the A-line cut), and it called for silver-toned accessories and a dark blue bralet to mimic the still waters of the lake - now I'm just waxing lyrical about the skirt, but perhaps it doesn't seem too much of an exaggeration to say that staring at the print almost takes me into another world (Avalon, yes). 

In other news, the cafe of the day was Pacamara Boutique Coffee Roasters, where ironically, we did not drink coffee, but instead had the Breakfast Platter, Sweet Potato Fries, and Key Lime Soda to share. The fries were done just right, and the food was good enough to leave me wanting to go there for a second time.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment